What points should be paid attention to in orthodontics? There are many precautions for orthodontics. There are mainly the following 8 points. Generally, it takes 1 to 2 years, or even longer. During this long period of time, what do we need to do? This is a problem that many orthodontists are concerned about during the orthodontic process. The following is a specific introduction to what points should be paid attention to in orthodontics.
1. During the orthodontic process, fixed appliances are bonded to the teeth with special materials. In the first two to five days of orthodontics, the teeth may feel sore due to the force, and the patient may feel sore after each follow-up visit. The teeth are tight and painful, but very slight. However, severe pain is not normal.
2. Patients should also pay attention to the cleaning and hygiene of the oral cavity, brush their teeth carefully and correctly every day, it is best to use a special orthodontic toothbrush for orthodontics, and remove food soft dirt on the surface of the teeth after meals every day.
3. Do not eat too sticky food. During the process of orthodontics for teenagers, parents should pay special attention to urging their children to obey the doctor's orders, such as regular checkups, replacement of steel wires, and wearing rubber bands. Otherwise, the process of orthodontics will be prolonged, and the ideal orthodontic effect cannot be achieved at the same time. At the same time, you can't eat too sticky food.
4. Rinse your mouth with water or tea after meals, as there are many abnormal pathogenic bacteria in your mouth. If the teeth are not brushed well and there is food left between the teeth, bacteria will grow in large numbers, which will cause tooth decay or periodontal tissue inflammation, and destroy the entire course of treatment. If it is inconvenient to brush your teeth after meals, rinse your mouth with water or tea.
5. Because the orthodontic appliance is bonded to the teeth by adhesives, force is applied to the teeth through the orthodontic appliance to achieve the ideal tooth movement. Use a special toothbrush, move gently and slowly, for 3 to 5 minutes each time. Therefore, orthodontic patients need to maintain good oral hygiene.
6. In the process of orthodontic correction, in addition to following the doctor's instructions, take care of the aligners on the teeth carefully. It is also necessary to avoid eating large pieces of food, and prevent the attachment of the aligner from loosening due to improper diet, so that the entire correction process can be completed smoothly.
7. The most important thing about the effect of the correction is the degree of cooperation between the patient and the doctor. Rather, the patient should follow the doctor's orders and return to the clinic on time without being too impatient.
8. When wearing it for the first time or when you have just used it hard, some people may feel a little pain in the teeth. Generally, this situation will disappear in 2 to 4 days. If there is no improvement for a long time, it needs to be adjusted.